1 - I Want To Hold Your Hand (1963 stereo mix; rhythm left channel, vocals right channel, like a twintrack mix)
2 - The Ballad Of John And Yoko (folddown of the standard UK stereo single mix)
3 - Old Brown Shoe (folddown of the standard UK stereo single mix)
4 - The Ballad Of John And Yoko (New Zealand/Australian radio edit)
I decided that the effort spent on cleaning up the tracks when there are far better sources of the same mixes already available was simply not worth it...
...EXCEPT for the few tracks that have mixes or mastering unique to Australia. So I decided to put my best effort into three tracks that you are not likely to find elsewhere easily, and present them in one small file.
I wanted to add the other two folddown singles, viz "Something/Come Together" and "The Long And Winding Road/For You Blue" as well, but they sounded dreadful.
All the other singles from the "Australian 20th Anniversary Singles Collection" have mixes that can be obtained either officially, or via better sources.
FWIW I must admit that I have always preferred the "mono" versions of "The Ballad Of John And Yoko" and "Old Brown Shoe". They're well worth a listen!
As a bonus, I've also included a transfer (not made by me but restored by me) of the rare censored radio edit of "The Ballad Of John And Yoko", which was pressed as a 7" single by HMV New Zealand for radio broadcast. It's little known, but EMI Australia also pressed copies of the same edit on their "custom" label for radio airplay in Australia.
I've included both 16bit (CD Redbook) and 24bit versions.
==Vinyl transfer and 24bit restoration by Q==
Source:
1-3: 1982 "Australian 20th Anniversary Singles Collection"
4: 1969 HMV NZ single
Enjoy!
Download
CD/Hi-Res quality (188mb)
Oh, nice! I don't care if they are fold-downs. I'm looking forward to these later tracks in mono. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that existed the folddown of "Old Brown Shoe" and "The Ballad Of John And Yoko", I dreamed of having them for to add as tracks 35 and 36 along the tracks of the 3LP's "Beatles Mono Masters (2014)" and the dream came true. Jeanes Q: Thank you very much for providing to us a quality and important work.
ReplyDeletemarco
marco
Many thanks!!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot, very well done.
ReplyDeleter9453